We have a computerised system for our prescriptions. If your doctor has authorised a repeat prescription, you will be able to order further supplies by:
- Telephone 0191 2537892 (Option 4) between the hours of 1:30 am and 3:30 pm. It is important to say the names of the medication you need and not just ask for a repeat of all your prescriptions.
- Calling into the surgery and ticking the right hand counterfoil of your prescription and place in the “Repeat Prescription Box” at the
- Posting your request to us – please include counterfoil from your last prescription ticked with the items you need. If you need us to post your prescription to you please enclose a stamped addressed envelope.
- If you would like to order prescriptions on-line, please ask the receptionist for details of how to register to use this facility. Please note if you order online and submit your request after 4.00pm it will not be dealt with until the next day and will be ready 48 hours after that. For example if you submit a request at 4.30pm on a Monday it will be processed on the Tuesday and ready for collection on Thursday.
- Online: Please use the link to the left
If the medication you request is not on your repeat medication list, you may be asked to see a doctor before it can be issued.
PLEASE ALLOW 48 HOURS FOR YOUR PRESCRIPTION TO BE READY FOR COLLECTION
Repeat Dispensing Service
Together with some local pharmacies, we offer a repeat dispensing service which is a new way of getting your medications without asking your doctors for a prescription each time.
This service is not available for everybody, so if you want more information please ask the receptionist.
Prescription Collection Service
Many pharmacies offer a prescription collection service. Once you have ordered your prescription your pharmacy will collect it from us and either:
- dispense your medication for you to collect from them, or
- dispense your medication and deliver to your home, or
- dispense your medication and deliver to your work place. You must be available to sign for your medication – no-one else can sign for you.
See your pharmacist to see what services they can offer you.